The average view time of a YouTube video is only six or seven minutes max, and then when you look at podcasts, the average listening time is about 30 minutes. So the connection that you made with your podcast listener rather than your YouTube viewer in my eyes is much, much greater, says Chris Ducker, our new entrepreneur guest of this week’s Podcast.
Chris Ducker is a serial entrepreneur, best-selling author, and an international businessman, and he has been creating content for his business since 2010.
He produced four podcast series with another one on the way, and his most recent series Youpreneur has over 8 million downloads and 450 episodes in total. In total, he’s probably produced over a thousand podcast episodes, and that doesn’t include his guest appearances.
He helps entrepreneurs build their personal brand and know the power podcast content. He further adds that podcasts can form and grow a relationship that, for me, is a much shorter sales process since they’re spending so much more time with you in the eardrum, so to speak, they’ve already made that commitment almost.
Although Chris runs three internationally successful companies, he is a father and husband and has many hobbies; he still finds time to engage with his listeners personally.
Chris noted that people start a show and obsess over their download numbers, just a little bit too much, and they don’t mean anything unless you’re getting engagement from your listeners or viewers.
In this episode, Chris tells us how he uses podcasts to create relationships that help his business grow. Check out this episode if you are considering creating a podcast but aren’t sure how it can benefit your business.
Listen to this episode on your favorite podcasting platform, and if you enjoy it, give us a review on Podchaser, please click https://www.podchaser.com/TheKultCreatorExperience.
It can really help others discover the podcast.
Here are some quick highlights from this episode:
- [02:27]-Getting started in podcasting
- [05:29]-How to find your target market while starting?
- [07:56]How to build genuine relationships through podcasts
- [09:54]– What are the best formats and styles of the podcast for marketing coaching programs and services?
- [14:07]– Determinants for podcasting success – knowing if someone is in the bath 🙂
- [16:28]-Process of creating a podcast from idea to air basically
- [20:40] -How did Chris Ducker sell more than 9000 copies in the first two weeks of launching his brand new book by just publishing 25 episodes?
- [23:56]-When to pivot or stop a podcast?
- [25:25]-Why, where and how to engage your audience?
- [31::41]-Understanding the limitations of your knowledge
- [34:50]-The one tip to stay consistent and accountable for your content
- The good podcast Interviewer listens twice as much as they talk.
- You’ve to be true to yourself, what you’re all about and how you come across to your people.
- Stay away from stuff that you don’t know enough about as well.
- Just because you start a show doesn’t mean it has to last forever.
- A good leader continues to learn, and he has to continue to learn in order to continue to lead.
- If you’re not consistent and your people aren’t expecting that show to drop at the same time, same day, same channel, they’ll find someone else to listen to you no matter how good you are.
- Great leadership is about balancing between putting yourself forward as the decision-maker and ensuring that your network and the people around you are invested and engaged.
Check out these Resources and Items Mentioned in the Show
- Rise of the Youpreneur (book)
- Virtual Freedom (book)
*Disclaimer: This contains affiliate links. That means that I am awarded a small commission for purchases made through them, at no added cost to you.
Follow our Host / Guest
You can follow our Podcast-
Notes from Host-
Hello, I’m Matt, the founder of KULT Media and host of this podcast. Thank you for listening and being part of the KULT Creator Experience.
I am always happy to get feedback, and if you have any questions or topics you’d like me to discuss, please reach out to me on Instagram at @kultmedia
And last, If you want to start your own KULT Creator Experience, launch a podcast and become a digital leader in your industry; book a FREE discovery call by heading to www.kult.media/discoverycall for more information.